Merrimack, NH asked in Criminal Law and Immigration Law for New Hampshire

Q: My husband has a warrant for his arrest and he can't appear in court physicaly. out of the there a way to dismiss

we were advice not to enter the US unless the court drop the warrants because he will be picked up by ICE from the airport and maybe issue a deportation proceedings. Now his green card also expired last year while he still out of the US . it has been over 4 years out of the state,

Whats your advice?, Thank you

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Hector E. Quiroga
Hector E. Quiroga
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Las Vegas, NV

A: Seeking legal counsel who could represent him before the court on the charges against him could help in some way.

Unfortunately your husband’s problem has been compounded by his absence from the US for so long; he’s essentially abandoned his residence. There are ways to regain it; he should visit the US embassy or consulate that has jurisdiction or the area where he lives.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.