Reseda, CA asked in Immigration Law for California

Q: Hello, I am international student and I have F1 visa and worried to extend my visa,,,,

I have been a victim of assault and battery, I have received case No. and criminal complaint that was filled in the county, when this incident happen, the defendant run away, he already graduated and gone back home, but im worried if I go back home to extend my visa, will it effect my record this case? are they going to give me extension of student visa to continue studies.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Myron Morales
Myron Morales
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Austin, TX

A: This case should not affect your ability to apply for an extension of your F-1 visa. You should consult with an attorney about a possible U visa application based on the crime committed against you.

Ms Grace I Gardiner agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.