Edmond, OK asked in Child Custody for Oklahoma

Q: If my parental rights were terminated will Tulsa Oklahoma take my future children I give birth to?

My rights were taken due to domestic violence and marijuana. Marijuana is legal now and I'm no longer with my abusor nor am I pregnant by him. That was a problem with the state because I maintained a relationship and kept having my abusor children

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Gary Johnston Dean
Gary Johnston Dean
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Pryor, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: From the details you gave in your question, it appears that you have eliminated the reason for termination of your rights. But PLEASE Don't have a child until you are in a long term stable relationship, and are married, and no longer use marijuana without a very good medical reason, and a doctors Rx if you continue. It's too early to tell what position DHS will take on it without a Rx.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.