Q: how can i get my wife moved from a Long Term facility in Oakland back to Sacramento where she lives?

Linda was a patient at Kaiser in Sacramento from Sept 24, 2017 till the beginning of June 2018. The beginning of June, Kaiser discharged Linda without my consent and without my knowledge to a care facility in Oakland, CA. Kaiser did not contact me about her discharge nor ask me where I wanted her to go. California Public Health wrote them up for not having notes on who they contacted here in Sacramento nor on contacting me with her discharge. There is a lot more Kaiser did wrong, but I would like to have Kaiser move Linda back up here where her friends are.

I am totally disabled at the moment and am unable to make the ride down to Oakland to see her but I could see her here in Sacramento.

1 Lawyer Answer
William John Light
William John Light
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Santa Ana, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: You should be asking Kaiser and the care facility in Oakland these questions.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.