Asked in DUI / DWI for Ohio

Q: I was charged with a DUI 10 yrs ago in Ohio. I am moving back with a valid FL DL. Will I face problems getting an OH DL?

I completed my entire sentence. jail time, diversion program, paid all my fines etc... the only thing I never did was pay the $475.00 to reinstate my OH Driver’s License because I had moved back home with my parents and started my life over in FL. I’ve had a valid Driver license for over 10 years and no problems driving in Ohio when I’ve visted family or FL. I am moving for a promotion for work and want to get ahead of any potentional problems. Thank you!!

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers

Jeremiah Justin Denslow

  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Cincinnati, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: Given the facts you describe, I can't imagine you'll have any trouble getting an Ohio license. To find out with certainty, contact the BMV directly. You can go to the agency's website and utilize the chat function. Good luck.

1 user found this answer helpful

R. Scott Patterson

  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Zanesville, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: Your reinstatement fess must be paid. You may enter into an arrangement with the Ohio BMV to make monthly $50 payments. You must have insurance in place when you apply. If you qualify, your driving privileges will be restored during the payoff period. Additionally, you may have to take a remedial driving course or pass knowledge and skills test. test.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.