Rochester, NY asked in Car Accidents and Personal Injury for New York

Q: Accident no physical injury

Rear-ended by an elderly driver who made no attempt to stop, and was clearly negligent. Luckily we were not physically hurt but the accident has placed a great deal of stress, impacting my husbands already inflated blood pressure. The at-fault insurance company has been difficult to work with and it's costing us a lot of time and aggravation. Do we have any legal recourse? We are in NYS.

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: You could consult with attorneys in your area to explore if they would handle the matter on a basis that would be cost-effective for you. It sounds like the matter involves property damage only, which is good because no one was hurt, but that could make it more difficult to find representation. Depending on the size of the PD claim, an attorney could weigh the costs of litigation against the recovery.

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.