Hartsville, SC asked in Family Law and Child Custody for California

Q: Can my ex keep me from talking to my kids on the phone?

I have no visitation

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Angelina Bradley
Angelina Bradley
  • Monterey Park, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: It depends on what your court order says and the circumstances of your no-visitation order.

You should consult with a family law attorney for the jurisdiction your order was written. I see you're in South Carolina but you're posting to the California family law section. Find an attorney that practices where the order was written, bring a copy of your order to the consultation, and discuss what is happening and what you would like moving forward. The attorney can give you the best advice for your specific situation.

Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.