Rialto, CA asked in Child Custody and Family Law for California

Q: What form do I need to file for sole legal custody?

Myself and father of my children have Joint legal custody.

He has failed to inform me of our children getting shots until after he took them to doctors to do so.

Baptized our one year old son in July 2018& I barely found that out this December 2018.

He apparently doesn’t live where he told the courts & myself.

Difficulties in co parenting with him.

Do I have a case

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Angelina Bradley
Angelina Bradley
  • Monterey Park, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: You should consult with an attorney about the specifics of your case, but, to answer the question "What form...", the answer is a Request for Order to modify child custody and visitation.

You'll be ordered to counseling to try and work out a custody plan, and, if you don't agree, then the counselor will send a report and recommendation to the court. At the hearing, you'll make your arguments and the father will make his, then the court will make the final custody order.

Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.