Tampa, FL asked in Child Support and Family Law for Florida

Q: I entered a mediated post judgment settlement agreement with the mother 6 months ago. how do i get it approved by court?

I had a significant change in income earlier this year when I separated from the military. I hired an attorney who set me up for mediation. The mother and I agreed on a new parenting plan and support agreement. My attorney told me all he had to do was get the new agreement adopted by a judge and everything would be done. He did not do this. I cannot get in contact with him. Now I have been receiving letters that I have not been paying the right amount of child support and that my drivers licences will be suspended and my tax return will be withheld. Where do I go or send my new agreement to get adopted so everything reflects the new amount of child support?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Rand Scott Lieber
Rand Scott Lieber
  • Hollywood, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: You need to file your agreement with the clerk of court where your current order is from. See if they have a self help desk.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.