New Brunswick, NJ asked in Business Law for New Jersey

Q: Business started in England, but now expanding - how do we set it up in New Jersey?

Related Topics:
3 Lawyer Answers

Paul J. Riviere

  • Jackson, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: Simple answer is that you are required to register your foreign company with the state of New Jersey if your business is transacting business here in New Jersey. Speak to an attorney to get the details specific to your needs.

H. Scott Aalsberg Esq.

  • East Brunswick, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: You need to hire an attorney if you want to make sure that you stay out of legal trouble. Corporate formation is much more than simply opening up a corporation.

Leonard R. Boyer

  • Brooklyn, NY
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: You need to meet with a business law firm that can help provide you not only with the right corporate structure, but also be able to draft the appropriate contracts and other legal documents that you will need and also be able to protect all your intellectual property.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.