Avon, IN asked in Bankruptcy, Consumer Law, Foreclosure and Real Estate Law for Indiana

Q: Did chapter 7 in 2009 been paying my house since over 8 years now I’m slow at work , they are doing a foreclosure while

Can u file again chapter 7 get rid of credit cards again and stop the foreclosure too save my house and then maybe sell it in a few years. But mostly I don’t want too loose my house and it’s going so quickly, is chapter 7 best way too save house or I also see so much talk online about it being since it’s not original lender and possibly get it discounted or and any other items I might be able too get from the mortgage company pushing me into this not taking my payments now they want the full amount and have sent me a Summons here, is chapter 7 best way too reverse before it’s sold too or through sheriffs sale or whatnot . Thanks .

1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Bankruptcy Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY

A: You can file s Chapter 7 once every 8 years. Depending on your income, equity and financial situation, you may be able to do exactly what you propose.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.