Las Vegas, NV asked in Personal Injury and Juvenile Law for California

Q: What does it mean when a detaining county has "no jurisdiction" over a two-year old child that currently is being detain

County has had child in custody for six months, case occured in different county,where no charges were filed, county had placed child in home where she endured phyiscal abuse from foster parent, happend in June 30,2018. Mother(I) have attend & completed classes for an parent advocate, I still dont have one as well as I am of Native American descent, ICWA would apply but county keeps failing to properly contact my tribe for enrollment. I have roll numbers of two tribes my mother is a member of.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Palm Desert, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: More info needed.

You need to ask this of lawyers who are familiar with Indian Law.

However normally when an Entity has no jurisdiction, they no longer have any interest in the matter.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.