Minneapolis, MN asked in Civil Rights, Constitutional Law, Personal Injury and Criminal Law for Minnesota

Q: My lawyer got disbarred and misrepresented me im disabled and want to know what to do to to file a complaint

They where a husband and wife team I never consented to have him show up in her place or anything I wasn't even guilty

2 Lawyer Answers
Thomas C Gallagher
Thomas C Gallagher
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Minneapolis, MN
  • Licensed in Minnesota

A: If the lawyer has already disbarred, I'm not sure what more the Minnesota Lawyer's Board of Professional Responsibility could do. But you may wish to contact them and find out.

If you want to look into your conviction, you may want to ask a private criminal defense attorney or public defender's office to help you with that.

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing

A: you may have a malopractice case and should check with an attorney who handles lawyer malpractice cases.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.