Waynesboro, VA asked in Criminal Law for Virginia

Q: Can u sue if a adult is found guilty of d.a.m. And the minor has never been in trouble before

My son Blake is 16 worked at Walmart Vincent who is 30&distent kin came threw Blake line with merchandise Blake rang the items up and Vincent told him he didn’t have the money gave Blake this sad story about no being able to get his family nothing for Christmas and told Blake not to tell when he leaves and not pay for some of the thing Blake voided some of the items that Vincent said he couldn’t afford to pay for this happened about 9different times so they caught Blake and I believe are getting ready to charge him but they are also charging Vincent plus Vincent has other drugs,guns,and stealing charges on him the amount was over 1260.00 so if Vincent is found guilt of dtam can I get a law suit on him

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

Daniel P Leavitt

  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Midlothian, VA
  • Licensed in Virginia

A: Your question is asking about whether you can sue someone in a civil matter. Your question does not involve criminal law, to the extent that your lawsuit would be civil and not criminal. I don't know of any civil suit you could file but I don't practice civil law.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.