Humble, TX asked in Adoption, Child Custody and Family Law for Texas

Q: how can I find out if I still have custody of my kids. The mother lost custody about 4yr ago and I just found out about

I have always been involved with my kids and I have court order child support and visitation I have always struggled to get the mother to follow the orders. But this weekend my daughter came to me and told me that their mother don't have custody of them. That Cps took her right I was never informed of this by anyone. Not even the mother of my kids I have questions why my kids are stay with the grandma. She tells me that it's because of the school is better where she lives. I have not been happy about it I have told her then let them stay with me she says no. I have brought it up to her today and she tells me that my daughter is lying to me but my daughter is now12 yr old. I would think she would be telling me the truth and I no my kids mom she will lying to me all the time. So I guess what I am asking is how would I find out with out involving my kids other family. Because my daughter is want to come live with me but I need to know if I have lost custody to to my kids because

1 Lawyer Answer

Rahlita D. Thornton

  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Houston, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: There's a lot going on in your situation. It would be most helpful for you to schedule a consultation with an attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.