Brooklyn, NY asked in Criminal Law for New York

Q: If i have a order of protection on someone i can stand in front they house in see them in call police

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

Kristen Epifania

  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • New York, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: If you have an order of protection against someone, and they are simply inside their home, then it is not going to be considered a violation if you go to their house to merely be in their vicinity. Also, keep in mind, that you going out of your way to find them at their home for the purpose of calling the police will not bode well with a judge.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.