Asked in Divorce, Family Law, Child Custody and Child Support for Texas

Q: My s/o and I went to c/s a year ago because She wanted the health insurance. Now she leaving and taking our 2yr old.

She cheated and is now telling me she wants me out. I feel like I got the short end of the stick and since she talked me into getting child support. I have no idea what to do. And my family lives 6 hours away from her. I don't want to leave her without a car so I'm leaving it with her for the baby but I feel like I won't ever be able to see her. Please help

1 Lawyer Answer

Rahlita D. Thornton

  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Houston, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Look at the order that was signed by the judge when you went to the child support court. It should also have some details about your visitation rights. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.