Portland, OR asked in Family Law, Real Estate Law, Civil Litigation and Elder Law for Washington

Q: We moved to my mothers farm. She was going to deed it to us so we could put a house on it and she live with us.

I am in Urgent NEED of an attorney. I'm 64 and my husband is 66. We live on a farm my mother owns and have since 2012.

My 97 year old mother owns the property. She has not lived her for 25 years. She asked us to come here after my brother died to care for the place. She was going to deed it us.

Seven months ago she got angry at me. With the help of my only nephew she has sold the farm without any notification OF any kind. The new buyers came to do an inspection..again with only a phone message I never received due to my line being down.

When I refused they called the police who in turn told me I was in violation of a no contact order my mother had gotten in Thurston Co over a $10 Charge I never did. But I did not contest.

The officer checked with Olympia to find there was a question of residency of MOM.

He did say, if I tried to contact my mother even through third party..I would be in violation. I can't get anyone to help me..I have ABSOLUTELY NO MONEY.

1 Lawyer Answer

A: There are various issues that need to be reviewed, including whether your eviction was unlawful, whether you have any legal rights to payment for your services, whether there was any legal basis for the restraining order, and whether you are facing any criminal charges for alleged violation of said restraining order. You may want to research this matter at your local law library or seek pro bono representation if you can find a lawyer who provides that. You may contact legal aid societies in your county for any eviction defense. More details are necessary to provide a professional analysis of your issue. The best first step is an Initial Consultation with an Attorney. This answer does not constitute legal advice; make any predictions, guarantees, or warranties; or create any Attorney-Client relationship.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.