Kent, WA asked in Child Support and Family Law for Washington

Q: My Bfs ex wife filed for a review of child support for their 14 yr old son. We are expecting a child in 10 weeks.

She has remarried and together they make 100k a year. He has faithfully paid. Shes harassing us and this is now an issue because she foumd out about the new baby. We have documents and text from her that confirms this. What do you think will end up happening? Will it be increased with another child coming? Has anyone else had to deal with a jealous/crazy ex before? Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks!

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

A: If she's filing for a modification of child custody and support, the dad can file responsive pleadings which would address his perspectives and financial status. The court makes a decision based on the facts and law, including the financial ability of both parties to financially support the child. More details are necessary to provide a professional analysis of your issue. The best first step is an Initial Consultation with an Attorney such as myself. You can read more about me, my credentials, awards, honors, testimonials, and media appearances/ publications on my law practice website, I practice law in CA, NY, MA, WA, and DC in the following areas of law: Business & Contracts, Criminal Defense, Divorce & Child Custody, and Education Law. This answer does not constitute legal advice; make any predictions, guarantees, or warranties; or create any Attorney-Client relationship.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.