Venice, FL asked in Child Custody and Family Law for Rhode Island

Q: My ex has filed contempt charges in our child custody. Not sure how to answer

He is an alcoholic, I have a no contact order against him, he does not pay child support, he has no license so I do not want my daughter in a car when he drives, I have many police reports against him for his abuse and harassment. Not sure what I need to do to answer and file for a countersuit for child support order. I cannot afford an attorney. Thank you

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Neville Bedford
Neville Bedford
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Licensed in Rhode Island

A: A lawyer is what you need to assist you. You may qualify for a reduced fee attorney through the bar association, or a no cost attorney through legal services.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.