Winter Haven, FL asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Child Support for Florida

Q: I haven’t seen my kids in months, mother will not let me see them, we don’t currently have a agreement in place

I fear for my children’s well being, I have a video of my child saying he wants to die and kill himself because of their mothers abuse, please help me

1 Lawyer Answer
David Alfred Carroll
David Alfred Carroll
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Pensacola, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: If you strongly believe your child is in danger, then you may want to reach out to the Florida Department of Children and Families for help. You make a report to the phone number 1-800-96ABUSE. Getting DCF involved can be good or bad and you need to independently waive those options and see what's best for your family.

You should speak with an experienced local family law attorney, one that has dealt with child abuse, and see about enforcement or modification of custody. If you are the father and paternity is already established, that may help. Otherwise, your attorney will need to help you establish paternity and a time-sharing schedule.

I hope this helps. I wish you all the best. David A. Carroll, Pensacola Custody Attorney

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.