Fulton, NY asked in Traffic Tickets for New York

Q: I have an issue where my license was taken(by my older brother) and used, where he received a traffic ticket. Options?

He was arrested recently for violation of parole and my license had been confiscated. Turns it a month later i have a license suspension notice for failire to answer a no seatbelt ticket. He had a criminal impersonation charge, however the charges were dropped because it was just found on him an didnt know he was actually using it. What are my options and what can i do? Is it worth fighting or will i need to get a lawyer to resolve this? Or am i better off paying the ticket before my license is suspended?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

Zev Goldstein

  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Monsey, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: The tickets are in your name, so you need to appear in court (probably better off with a lawyer) to argue that it wasn't you. You should be able to provide an alibi for the date and time in question?

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.