Jacksonville, NC asked in Child Support for North Carolina

Q: I am in the middle of doing my child support modification. I am unsure of things

I have two mother of children. When the second child support order went in they didn’t include the first one and I am not sure how to word that in my modification. I lost my job since the hurricane and recently got behind. I got a court appointed laywer and he said I needed to do a modification. I have the mothers addresses and the actual amount I am to pay each month but not the original file date and how to word about combining the two

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Melissa Averett
Melissa Averett
  • Chapel Hill, NC
  • Licensed in North Carolina

A: here is the form: https://www.nccourts.gov/assets/documents/forms/cv600-en.pdf?p6P9vXt4PG5WShmWZ_EbNOLmSagI8yw_

the change of circumstances are that 1) credit for child support payments made to child from another relationship were not included in the ordered amount, and 2) loss of employment.

for the date of the previous order, you need to see the court file. Go to the court house in the county where the action is pending and ask the clerk of court to either look up the date for you, or let you see the file so you can get the date.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.