Fort Lauderdale, FL asked in Immigration Law for Florida

Q: Hello, Me comunico por esta vía, para solicitar de su valiosa colaboración, explico a continuación mi situación

Good morning…

I communicate in this way, to request your valuable collaboration, I explain below my situation, I am an American citizen born in California, however my family moved to Venezuela when I was 4 years old, there I grew up, in January of this year I moved to the USA, I have 2 children of which the child under 8 years enter to the country with a tourist visa, now I need to legalize his status to live here. What should I do ... depending on what I found out I should send an I-130 and I-485, I am correct, or there will be another way.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

Kelli Y Allen

  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Charlotte, NC

A: You need to have a full consultation with an immigration attorney to make sure they are eligible to adjust status and to make sure they are not already US citizens.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.