Edmond, OK asked in Child Custody and Family Law for Texas

Q: I have been trying to serve the father for over a year, it is to allow me and the child to leave state.

I’ve told the other parent personally, by text, and phone but he continued to try to dodge the process server. I have a job opportunity in another state and I cant continue waiting for him, or I loose my opportunity. What can I do.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

Matthew Valley

  • Austin, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Depending on how he is dodging the process server, it may be possible to either get alternative service (e.g. posting the citation, petition and orders to his residence/work door) or service by publication (i.e. running a notice/citation in the newspaper). Your local law library might be of some assistance moving forward.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.