Brooklyn, NY asked in Traffic Tickets for New York

Q: I have a speeding ticket since 1994 in Nassau county New York. My driver licenses was suspended in 2015.

I was overseas from 2007 to 2018. Never knew about that speeding ticket. My license expired since 2012. When I went to renew my driving license thats when I found out about the incident. In the system its say COURT APPEARANCE . Will I be arrested ?

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers

Zev Goldstein

  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Monsey, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: In New York the Courts don't arrest for traffic tickets which are aren't misdemeanors. They only suspend the driver's license. If you had a ticket for driving suspended, you could be be arrested for a short time.

Michael Arbeit

  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Freeport, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: What courthouse is the ticket returnable at? Do not drive until this matter is resolved. You can call me anytime I you need further assistance. 516 766-1878. -Mike

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.