Houston, TX asked in Criminal Law, Products Liability and Civil Litigation for Texas

Q: Looking to file a restraining order on 2 people who are not family related. One's wanted and the other have a criminal

They trespassed onto my property and tried to destroy my security camera that's attached to the side of my house.

1 Lawyer Answer

Kiele Linroth Pace

  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Austin, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: If you sued these two people then you can ask the judge in that case to issue a temporary restraining order, but it will expire when the case is over.

If you did not sue them then contact the Justice of the Peace court for your home address and ask about the requirements for a "Peace Bond" which can last for up to a year, and does not depend on the status of another case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.