Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In

Texas Products Liability Questions & Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Contracts, Personal Injury, Products Liability and Civil Litigation for Texas on

Q: Why is it that lawyers get such a high percentage of people's settlement I mean don't get me wrong they deserve some but

But they are not the ones that are in pain and I have a law firm that is very rude to me when I call to cheek on the status of my case and no I call maybe every other month and I have never seen or talked to a lawyer only a case manager I feel like they are not handling my case propperly I have... Read more »

Gary D. Peak answered on May 6, 2019

Schedule an in person appointment and go visit with your attorney. Write out the questions you want to ask them so you don't forget any.

One to ask is when is the case going to mediation and why haven't we mediated already? Most cases settle at mediation.

Now, that said, personal...
Read more »

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Car Accidents, Consumer Law, Small Claims and Products Liability for Texas on

Q: Who is liable for repair costs of my truck that caught fire from lithium battery?

My truck caught fire while I was driving. Firefighters informed me the cause of fire began from weed eater Ryobi 18v lithium battery in the bed of my truck. I purchased from Home Depot. I have been advised by Ryobi employee to file an insurance claim with my car insurance. I would prefer not to do... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing answered on Apr 26, 2019

As you didn't cause the claim and as they would have a "subrogation claim" your rates shouldn't go up.

You want your vehicle fixed or totaled. Don't worry about your company.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Landlord - Tenant, Consumer Law and Products Liability for Texas on

Q: Void a rental contract because smells of the previous tenants death (unattended).

I signed into a least contract that was deceptive at viewing I learned too late. all windows were open at showing, I thought to show off the many windows in the unit. It was a look and lease and after signing and paying, the finally gave me keys. when windows closed smells of death. previous tenant... Read more »

Bruce Alexander Minnick answered on Apr 15, 2019

You may have sufficient legal reasons to allow you to get out of this lease; However, you should take the lease and all related documents to a local lawyer and ask for their assistance.

2 Answers | Asked in Contracts, Products Liability, Business Law and Construction Law for Texas on

Q: Subcontractor nonpayment on "bad job" no contract. Phone records, text & email.

I recently worked as a subcontractor, staining a concrete floor that was covered in mortar, paint, glue, and holes & the house was being fixed from hurricane Harvey flooding. We had only communicated with the contractor & have recordings of us telling them how the patching wasn't going to match up... Read more »

Bruce Alexander Minnick answered on Apr 8, 2019

AVVO is a free online legal forum established to allow members of the public to ask general legal questions to experienced lawyers who volunteer their valuable time to do so. Your important small business question should be directed to your business lawyer. If you have not consulted or retained a... Read more »

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury, Products Liability and Car Accidents for Texas on

Q: I was trying to make a uturn into a 3 lane which I had no stop sign. I needed to get to the far bottom left lane.

There was driver waiting at a stop sign trying to turn into the same lane. Does that person yield to me? Also can that person get in trouble for purposely trying to brake check me and hit me?

Daniel John Christensen answered on Apr 1, 2019

In general, if one driver has a traffic control device and the other does not, the driver without the traffic control device has the right of way. It is difficult for me to advise you on your specific situation with the facts given. Please call us and we can see if we can help you. 512-888-9999.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Products Liability and Civil Litigation for Texas on

Q: Looking to file a restraining order on 2 people who are not family related. One's wanted and the other have a criminal

They trespassed onto my property and tried to destroy my security camera that's attached to the side of my house.

Kiele Linroth Pace answered on Jan 29, 2019

If you sued these two people then you can ask the judge in that case to issue a temporary restraining order, but it will expire when the case is over.

If you did not sue them then contact the Justice of the Peace court for your home address and ask about the requirements for a "Peace Bond"...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Products Liability, Civil Rights and Collections for Texas on

Q: Can i be owed money if i was born in 1992 i heard

Timur Akpinar answered on Jan 3, 2019

Try reposting your question. It looks like the second part of it was cut off.

Tim Akpinar

2 Answers | Asked in Products Liability for Texas on

Q: What is the difference between manufacturing, design, and marketing defects? Do I have to prove all three to win my

product liability case?

Justin Charles Roberts answered on Nov 12, 2018

The short answer is 'no.' These are each distinct theories of liability against a manufacturer.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Products Liability for Texas on

Q: Would we have a case if we no longer own the thing that's defective?

Timur Akpinar answered on Oct 28, 2018

I do not practice in Texas but your question hasn’t been picked up in four weeks. Naturally, having the product available for examination would be preferable. But in general, that doesn’t necessarily preclude a plaintiff’s rights in a claim, particularly if the item is something of a generic... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Environmental, Personal Injury and Products Liability for Texas on

Q: How can I prove that my dad's cancer was caused by toxic waste dumps from a nearby oil factory?

Aimee Hess answered on Sep 23, 2018

You will need to contact an attorney who specializes in personal injury. They will retain a medical and other experts to investigate the causal connection between the waste and your father's cancer.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents, Contracts, Products Liability and Arbitration / Mediation Law for Texas on

Q: I was driving for lyft and someone hit the car I was renting through flexdrive whose partnering with lyft.

The client and Geico has taken full responsibility from day one. Flexdrive has not been cooperative to this fact seeing that I still have a hold on my account through Lyft. They have ruined my life. Got in the way of my potential earnings. Lyft was my main source of income. I have also not been... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing answered on Aug 21, 2018

Classic problem with any rental institution. You are on the hook so it's easiest to keep busting your chops. As they are involved with lyft you may want to look for an attorney who handles employment cases and insurance "bad faith" cases and is a member of the Texas Trial Lawyers Association

1 Answer | Asked in Products Liability for Texas on

Q: Can I bring a product liability action if I was injured by a product I borrowed from my friend, and did not pay for?

Justin Charles Roberts answered on Jul 18, 2018

In most states, a borrower of a product is able to bring a product liability action. Notably, this has not always been the case. The law used to require a contractual relationship of some sort between the injured individual and supplier of the product in order for the injured person to bring a... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Products Liability for Texas on

Q: Can I sue if a pharmaceutical drug I took caused severe negative side effects?

Justin Charles Roberts answered on Jun 26, 2018

This answer is somewhat complicated, but generally speaking, a drug manufacturer may be liable if they manufactured the drug incorrectly, concealed dangerous side effects of the drug, or failed to provide proper warnings about the drug. For example, a manufacturer of a blood thinner medication may... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Legal Malpractice, Criminal Law, Products Liability and International Law for Texas on

Q: How can I legally retrieve my personal belonging when I’m in a different country? They are being withheld from me.

I was in England for a while with my aunt as a student, I decided to accompany her to instabul for an operation. There she kicked me out without any money in an unknown country. I had to find a way to get home. So I took a direct flight to my home country Texas. I’ve contacted her regarding my... Read more »

Richard Sternberg answered on Apr 16, 2018

You will probably need to retain a solicitor in England to sue her.

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Criminal Law, Products Liability and Tax Law for Texas on

Q: I have a question in regards to selling your time.

Theoretically, let's say someone sells their time for 4 hrs to a client, and they just completed their 4 hrs of time the client paid for which is at 12 noon. If they mutually enjoyed each other's company and both wanted and had sex at 1230, since it's off the clock post companionship time paid for,... Read more »

Gary D. Peak answered on Apr 7, 2018

If you are asking whether it is illegal if the money wasn't for sex, the answer is no it is not illegal.

Now, it may be difficult to convince law enforcement the first 4 hours was what was paid for and any sex after the 4 hours wasn't. But, I like the argument.

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law and Products Liability for Texas on

Q: Can I sue a retailer over not allowing anyone to buy parts to fix there wine Fridges, they want you to ship it to them.

They (NEWAIR) will not release the name of the manufacturer to contact them for parts but I see other brands that are identical same manufacturer (like chevy, buick, cadillac)

Peter N. Munsing answered on Mar 26, 2018

Possible but that is lengthy. Some states have parts laws (check out NPR program on just your issue). Try online. There are some people who do repairs who have figured these out. Cheaper for you to pay them to repair than for you to file a lawsuit and chase them.

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts and Products Liability for Texas on

Q: I have had possession of a vehicle for four years,can't find the owner to finish off payment's, do have a bill of sale.

I have a vehicle in which I was paying a guy for in 2014. Eventually while I was still paying on the vehicle he went AWOL and I had no way of contacting him to send payment. This car has been iny possession since 2014 and I cannot title or use it and cannot get ahold of the owner. I have called the... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing answered on Mar 26, 2018

This sounds dumb but.......if he owned a house look up his ownership--may have had a wife. Try facebook---a surprising amount of time that works. Try Intelius.

You are looking to give him money--you want to make sure though it's him. At this point you don't want to handle it by mail...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law and Products Liability for Texas on

Q: How do I file a class-action lawsuit against Takata (manufacturer of defective airbags)

I have a 2003 Toyota tundra which is one of the highest risk for the airbags to explode, because it is a older vehicle. Also areas that are very hot as have high humidity raise the conditions of exploding.

Peter N. Munsing answered on Mar 26, 2018

Get it fixed. That's your damage claim. You want to file a class action? Talk to an attorney who handles product liability class actions. But your payout will be what it costs to have it fixed.

2 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury, Products Liability, Traffic Tickets and Car Accidents for Texas on

Q: I need to know about driving a unicycle electric self balancing on the road.

Grant St Julian III answered on Feb 14, 2018

What exactly do you need to know about such vehicle?

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.