Irving, TX asked in Personal Injury and Medical Malpractice for Texas

Q: Would I still have a case?how much time do I have before I can no longer try for a case?

My injury happened at a hospital. I was left unattended and blacked out and hit my head.i never received medical attention due to the fact I have no insurance and no money.this happened almost a year would I proceed in making a claim ?

2 Lawyer Answers

Daniel John Christensen

  • Austin, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: I am very sorry to hear about what happened to you. Assuming this happened in Texas, you would have up to two years from the date of the incident to bring a negligence claim against the hospital or responsible medical care providers. You should know that these cases can be very complicated. Assuming what you experienced was medical malpractice, there are special rules governing that type of claim. I would encourage you to contact a Board-Certified Personal Injury Trial Lawyer like DC Law as soon as possible to determine how and whether you should proceed. We can be reached at 512-888-9999. Good luck.

Timur Akpinar


A: A good starting point could be to consult with a Texas attorney. Many offer free consultations on these types of cases. An attorney would have additional questions as to how the fall occurred, how you originally came to the hospital, what your initial exam showed, and other issues which aren't addressed here.

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.