Lafayette, IN asked in Criminal Law and Juvenile Law for Indiana

Q: Can a adult ask for a restraining order against a juvenile from being in contact or threating another juvenile?

My 13yr old is being bullied by 7 other juvenile's and a 17yr old highschool juvenile! Not only at school in the State of Indiana but online social networks! This is not a case with mutual combat,my daughter doesn't have any social networks except "musical"so I just need help on how do I deal with this asfowards the law and school goes and this has been going on since the middle of last summer. She was jumped by 6 juvenile's,I filed a police report but nothing came of it! The bully's parents I have reached out to is not of any help and is basically stating there children's with "halo's" are doing nothing wrong and that there kids isn't allowed nor allowed to have social media which is a LIE! I have so much proof to say otherwise so plz help this very concern parent

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Paul Stanko
Paul Stanko
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Plymouth, IN
  • Licensed in Indiana

A: You can file a petition for a protective order. Go to the County Clerk's office and fill out the paperwork.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.