London, KY asked in Child Custody for Kentucky

Q: Not wanting to lose my grand daughter I've had for over 2 yrs now. i have temporary custody but want full. Worried

Went to my yearly review. Mother has not called, wrote about her, nothing in 15 months. Doesnt try to come and visit. But says she deserves her back all over social media. Same media she pictures herself all hugged up sexly with her sister. Bragging about their sugar daddy.Don't that say anything to the courts?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: Social media will NOT help her get the child back. You should print out all her posts and save them. If it appears they might remove the child from you, you can file a custody action in circuit court bc you are now a de facto custodian of the child.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.