Fairport, NY asked in Traffic Tickets for New York

Q: Officer got vehicle color and year wrong on ticket despite a sunny day and perfect visibility. Can this be dropped?

Pulled over for speeding via L-Laser, officer incorrectly named the vehicle year as 2007 (it is a 2017, not easy to make that typo since the 1 and 0 keys are not near each other. He also said that I drive a gray car, when I very clearly drive a tan/brown car. Is this ground for dismissal?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Zev Goldstein
Zev Goldstein
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Monsey, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: Unfortunately not. Moving violations are issued to the driver, not the vehicle. If they have your name and DOB or address, or client ID number accurately that is sufficient.

Feel free to email us directly with any questions or for a free consultation.



The Law Offices of Zev Goldstein, PLLC

Office: 845-371-8457

Fax: 845-371-5441



Intake Form

You can write a review online: Google+, Facebook, Yelp!, Lawyers.com, Avvo or The BBB. If we didn't earn your 5 star rating please let us know how we can serve you better.

Please be advised that if you are communicating with us using your employer's or any corporate email system, your emails may be subject to monitoring by someone in the company. Therefore, if you want to maintain attorney-client confidentiality you might consider communicating with us using a personal email account or communicating by telephone or in person.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.