Miami, FL asked in Immigration Law for Florida

Q: I have my N400 interview for naturalization but my I751 is still pending, steps to get a decision on both

Today I received a letter for my N400 naturalization interview taking place in March but my I751 is still pending a decision. My I751 petition (filed in November of 2017) was recently routed to the National Benefits Center in December.

1) Will the officer automatically first adjudicate my removal of conditions (I751) or do I need to ask this to be done prior to the N400 interview or do I need to ask the office on the day of the interview?

2) Do I need an attorney to do this for me? Is an attorney required for these types of cases when the i751 decision is still pending?

3) Do I need to bring my spouse to the interview? There was no mention about bringing my spouse in the n400 appointment letter.

Thanks in advance.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

Deron Edward Smallcomb

  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • San Diego, CA

A: 1) No, the officer will no first adjudcate your i-751 and you do not need to ask them to do so.

2) Having an attorney always helps, however since there is nothing to ask regarding the i-751 this question is moot.

3) No, you do not need to bring your spouse to the N400 interview.

The answers were given in good faith with only basic information provided. The answers should not be considered legal advise. You should contact an experienced immigration attorney for more information.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.