Los Angeles, CA asked in Criminal Law, Appeals / Appellate Law, Civil Rights and Constitutional Law for California

Q: Can the same court hold a new pitchess motion when they have already proven to be bias?

I've had an appeal that I lost. My concern is that the appeal was left back in the same courthouse. Where they have already violated my civil and constitutional rights in my trial. I have all my minute orders, docs, and transcripts. To prove of all there wrong doings. The problem is they never let me have proper Council. Denied 4 Marsden motions and then sealed the records. So I hire an appeal attorney. Everything was going fine untill they left it back in the hands that maliciously went out of there way to convict me. It was the same result on the pitchess motion. I know for a fact they are lying. So now on my second appeal they sent me a letter with only 3 weeks left saying there not going to appoint me an appeals lawyer. So now they have denied me any way of winning. I also have evidence that Ventura County Courthouse is doing this for judicial economy. I need help. 60 days from January 4th 2019. That's how I've been treated for 7 years. Thank you M.A.P

1 Lawyer Answer
Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Palm Desert, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: i have always had problems in Ventura County too.

they treat lawyers as poorly as some litigants.

why not google legal aid and see what criminal lawyers come up that will handle pro bono or at a reduced fee

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.