Q: What motion can I file at this point? Originally my mom was being sued by a tenant in common.

The plaintiffs lawyer just asked for a judgement to be found by the court. My dad made the actual payments on the land. After he was murdered at a job that he took at the in insistence of the plaintiff, the plaintiff paid the taxes. Til his death my dad had been paying all expenses including the completion of the original principal

1 Lawyer Answer
Thomas A. Grossman
Thomas A. Grossman
  • Real Estate Law Lawyer
  • Palm Springs, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: There is not enough information in your request for me to give you a decent answer to your question. I don't know what Court you are in, or in which County the case is pending; I don't know who the "tenant-in-common" is that you refer to. Is it your mother or someone else? And why is the plaintiff not in jail if someone murdered your father after being induced by the plaintiff to take a new job? Is there a criminal investigation going on? Where is the property located? Whose names are on the deed to the land? Is your mother still a defendant?

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.