Dallas, TX asked in Personal Injury and Health Care Law for Texas

Q: Can i file a claim if an unreported superficial injury at work is exasperated by the daily job routine?

I overstretched my wrist at work but it seemed superficial at the time. Continued use of wrist at work exasperated the issue and it eventually required medical attention. Turns out i tore a couple ligaments. Incident occurred 2.5 months ago, but i didn't realise it was serious until i had to see a Dr, which i did a week ago. It has required dr visits and an MRI. Situation has yet to be completely resolved. Possible that it may require surgery. I have informed my supervisors that the injury happened on the job site and nothing became of informing them aside from a light duty assignment. No info given by management as to what i could do regarding said injury. Could i still file a claim and what problems could arise considering that i waited and didn't know it was a serious (work related) injury?

1 Lawyer Answer
Daniel John Christensen
Daniel John Christensen
  • Austin, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: I am sorry to hear about what you have gone through. A lot of my advice would depend on whether your employer subscribes to worker's compensation insurance. Please contact our office for a free consultation and we can give you the advice you need. 512-888-9999. We look forward to speaking to you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.