Farmington, CT asked in Child Custody, Child Support and Domestic Violence for Florida

Q: If my baby mom is in a abuse relationship can I get custody of my kids she always threatening to put me on child support

DCF have taking picture of my kids and my baby mom the DCF lady said that he is not allow around the kids she sent him to jail and then bail him out I need help what can I do

1 Lawyer Answer
Veronica LaVerne Robinson
Veronica LaVerne Robinson
  • Tamarac, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: You could file a Petition to Establish Paternity, Timesharing, and Child Support in family court so that you can obtain time and rights to your child if there is no legal DCF case. If there is a legal DCF case, then you can ask for custody in the DCF court.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.