Ardmore, OK asked in Family Law, Child Support and Native American Law for Oklahoma

Q: Is there any way to find documentation for a paternity test that was done in the early 90's for Child support?

I'm needing to prove that my dad is my dad. He wasnt on my original birth certificate but later did a paternity test for child support. We need a court ordered DNA test (which is my 2nd option) so I can apply for a cdib card if I cant locate this info. It seems to have been lost over the years but he and my mom have both told me that their is paperwork stating that he is my biological father.

1 Lawyer Answer
Pete David Louden
Pete David Louden
  • Norman, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: You can get a copy of the child support order from the court clerk.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.