La Fayette, NY asked in Education Law for New York

Q: I live in Lafayette NY school District, the school my 12 yr old attends is not dealing with the bullying and harassment

My son has been suspended 3 times, other two times were not alleged bullying, the bullying had been going on for almost 2 yrs, and the school district says, My 12 yr old is the problem. My 12 yr old has disability thats severe, and struggles with many obstacles daily.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Michael David Siegel
Michael David Siegel
  • Education Law Lawyer
  • New York, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: Does he have an IEP? If yes, what does it say? If not, you need to have him evaluated for disability services. You can do it privately, or request that the school do it for free.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.