Sacramento, CA asked in Probate for Nevada

Q: My grandfather passed away in Nevada, no surviving spouse. He had two daughters.

My mother( his daughter) is deceased and my surviving aunt. My mother had three children, one is deceased, the other wants nothing to do with my grandfather's estate and the other child is me. What will be the intestate distribution in Nevada?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jonathan Craig Reed
Jonathan Craig Reed
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Las Vegas, NV
  • Licensed in Nevada

A: 50% will to your mother's descendants. If your deceased sibling left children, 1/3 of your mother's share will go to those children equally. If your deceased sibling died without leaving any descendants, one half of your mother's 50% share goes to you and the other surviving sibling who is free to Re-Assign his or her interest to you, but that other surviving sibling will have to sign some paperwork.

50% will go to your aunt.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.