Detroit, MI asked in Sexual Harassment for Michigan

Q: I'm disabled.. I was drugged and sexually assulted in my home which I believe was by my landlord..

He also began to harass me causing emotional distress and possibly insinuates sexual favors as well.. I possibly had a miscarriage I bled for six weeks after missed period of almost four months , he told me after I was assulted he could come into my apartment anytime he wants after I explained to him he couldn't I stopped payment verbally to him on my rent on December Sixth after he asked did I want to work something out for my late reply.. I was assulted on November 6 by a man who was wearing the same clothing my landlord was wearing on November 7th I believe my neighbor can identify the my attacker on November 6 2018 I had a brief encounter with him while my attacker was still on the premises.. which I was looking for evidence of a break in and found none meaning my attacker had a key to my apartment .. my deadbolt was removed from my back exterior door before my moving in on August 1, 2018 it was removed by the last tenants according to my landlord in eviction court but neighbor go

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Brent T. Geers
Brent T. Geers
  • Grand Rapids, MI
  • Licensed in Michigan

A: You should promptly call your local police to report this incident. Time is of the essence.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.