Oceanside, NY asked in Traffic Tickets for New York

Q: How can i fight a speeding ticket from the Moapa Band of Paiutes?

On 2/7/19 we visited the Valley of Fire. When exiting the park I was pulled over and issued a ticket from a Tribal Officer from the Moapa Band of Paiutes. The officer said he clocked me in 3 different speed zones, all while he was parked near the exit just before I-15. I was given a ticket for $365 and told if I pay before 4/4 nothing gets reported to DMV, "quote it's like it never happened". This whole scenario seemed like a huge tourist trap and honestly a shake down. I would like to know the legality of this ticket and how I can fight it.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Zev Goldstein
Zev Goldstein
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Monsey, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: If you want to fight this ticket, try re-posting this question in the state of Nevada. Most NY lawyers will not be able to advise you of Nevada law.

If you have a regular NY license, the points won't be added to your NY license if you are convicted of this ticket. If you ignore this ticket, NY may suspend you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.