Miami, FL asked in Immigration Law for Florida

Q: When applying for a residence,does your American citizen spouse need to submit his taxes from last year or last 3 years?

I would like to know if your American citizen spouse needs to submit together with all the paperwork his taxes from only the last year or the last 3 years?

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers

Deron Edward Smallcomb

  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • San Diego, CA

A: If you are discussing applying for Adjustment of Status / Permanent Residence via your US Citizen spouse, then typically three years are required. I would suggest contacting an experienced immigration attorney with more information to discuss your case.

1 user found this answer helpful

Stephen Arnold Black

  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Orlando, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: You need to follow the instructions as to what is required on the affidavit of support or RFE (Request for Evidence). Retain counsel here in Florida to process the file, if need be.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.