Canton, MA asked in Child Custody for Massachusetts

Q: Im a dad my 12 year old daughter has been hit with her phone,punched repeatedly is this enough for me to get an attorney

I'm a dad

my daughter hates her living situation

i make a good amount of money

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Joshua H. Bearce
Joshua H. Bearce
  • Boston, MA
  • Licensed in Massachusetts

A: This question cannot be fully answered without more information. If there are allegations of physical abuse, and she does not want to live with her Mother, then you can file a complaint for modification with the Court seeking to obtain custody of her. I would suggest you also file a motion for the appointment of a Guardian Ad Litem to ascertain the parenting plan that it is your daughter's best interests. The GAL will likely interview your daughter and if she states she wants to live with you, it will help you obtain custody. I suggest you speak with an attorney who specializes in family law/child custody to discuss your options further. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.