Kailua Kona, HI asked in Child Custody for Hawaii

Q: So I have a daughter I care most about I work so hard to get her to Hawaii. But everytime I try to communicate

With the father. His gf tells me he doesn’t want to talk or deal with me. I don’t know how we can be co parent if he doesnt want to talk to me? Could u help me

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Shelby N. Ferrer
Shelby N. Ferrer
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • honolulu, HI
  • Licensed in Hawaii

A: Depending on whether you have a court order in place and what that order says, you can file a motion in court to enforce orders to allow you to communicate or change orders if the current orders are not working. If you do not have an order in place, you will need to file a petition to have the court issue an order. You need to consult with an attorney for specific advice about what path is right for you.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.