Findlay, OH asked in Child Custody, Child Support and Family Law for Ohio

Q: I am 17 years old in Ohio, and my negligent grandparents have legal custody of me. Could I call CSB on them?

My grandfather is negligent and my grandmother has frontal lobe dementia. They both have legal custody of me because my birth mother gave me to them when she was incarcerated. Could I call CSB and ask them if I can live with another family member who's willing to take me in (aunt, uncle, etc.)?

1 Lawyer Answer

Joseph Jaap

  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Cincinnati, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: Before doing that, if you have any other family members, teachers, or trusted adults to talk to about it, you should do that first. But you can call the local children's services office. They will investigate and could move you into foster care.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.