Cleveland, OH asked in Child Custody, Divorce and Family Law for Kentucky

Q: Me and my ex are getting a divorce, I am the mother he is filing for sole custody with me having no rights to them.

We have 4 children together they r 10,8,7,4 and I have always been the stay at home mom all my kids lives. my ex was very abusive physically n mentally and he also raped me before I left him n my oldest son was awake when he did.. I left on the 29th, Oct, 2018 I had them til Feb 1st, 2019 now he has them he won't let me see or talk to them n I just got papers served for a divorce n he wants sole custody with me having no rights or visitation with my kids i also have had in the past 3 emergency protections orders and 3 domestic violence orders on him can he get sole custody and I was trying to be the good parent n allow their dad to see them and them see their dad but he is also mentally abusive to our children but he is a narcissist very controlling so he will try everything he can to hurt me n the only way he can now is through our kids and I also can't afford a lawyer. So I have no idea what to do unless a court appointed lawyer will have to represent me!?

1 Lawyer Answer

Timothy Denison

  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: Contact Legal Aid or your local bar association. They can help you fino a pro bono or reduced fee attorney.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.