Pembroke, MA asked in Family Law for Massachusetts

Q: If you have supervised visits with a minor child and the mother and father had words. Does the mother have the right to

Hold the child from visitation or does she need to get the court order changed. There is a court order for supervised visits 2 days a week

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Joshua H. Bearce
Joshua H. Bearce
  • Boston, MA
  • Licensed in Massachusetts

A: No. The Mother does not have the right to prevent you from having parenting time with the child simply because the two of you had an argument. If the Mother wants to modify the current parenting plan, she needs to obtain a court order. Otherwise, you can file a Complaint for Contempt if she continues to prevent you from having your parenting time with the child. I suggest you speak with an attorney who specializes in family law/child custody to discuss your options further. Good luck.

Meghan L Howard agrees with this answer

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.