Fort Worth, TX asked in Probate for Michigan

Q: Would I be able to get a lawyer to represent me in a one time probate court guardianship case . If so what is the cost?

Requesting guardianship of sister who is incompacitated.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

Trent Harris

  • Probate Lawyer
  • Jackson, MI
  • Licensed in Michigan

A: Yes, the cost would first depend on the area where the Probate case needs to be filed (ie Detroit or Grand Rapids, versus a smaller city). Typically, attorneys in larger cities charge more, and attorneys in more remote, smaller cities charge less. Second it would depend how complicated the case is, and how much work it would take for the lawyer. Simple cases take less time and cost less, and complicated cases take more time and cost more. Finally, the lawyer would quote you a fee based on a per-hour rate or perhaps a flat rate. You should contact several lawyers in the area where the case needs to be filed to get quotes for your particular case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.