Frankfort, KY asked in Criminal Law, Agricultural Law, Federal Crimes and Small Claims for Kentucky

Q: Clerk sent my court mail to the wrong side of the country? Utah, aware I live in KY where I was served?

Initially was served a court SC summons, from Oklahoma I reside in KY, postpone 1 apprencd Clerk said mail the next court date, Never receiving and notification, ie letter, certified or any I found out later I got a judgment and my property (horses) signed over which she had sold prior to court.. they know my address, I live in KY.. they send everything to Utah. Garnishment docs for employment in KY and send certified to Utah where I have no lived in years, can appeal this on these grounds, I got the judgment via FB and there was many false documentation on the Equine, which she sold months prior to court, and falsified the amount for horses relocated, 6 was not court order transfer owners can I sue criminally for theft, on the other 8-9 which I’ve located several two at a auction months prior to court, was being investigated. Until the court dates went unknown to me?

1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: Make a motion to set the judgment aside and show the judge all the erroneous addresses in your file.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.